Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ireland Videos

Hey! So I don't have a chance now to fully write about my Ireland experience, but I will post a few videos below of my time there for now. I'll post a blog about it soon enough, so stay tuned! :)

Sarah xx


The video below is from an Irish Traditional Music
"jam session" a few people did for us in County Clare.
If you can't tell, the guy playing the whistle is probably
no more than 16 or so. During the course of the performance,
he played 2 different whistles, the flute and the Irish pipes.
It blew my mind how good he was at all of them!
These guys had never played together before-- they were
playing everything by ear (you'll notice a bit in the middle)
which blew my mind! They have these things memorized and
can change key at the drop of a hat. Made me a bit jealous.. ;)
I fell in love with (traditional) Irish music ALL THE MORE
during my time in Ireland. I can't get enough of it!


1 comment:

  1. I can totally see you playing the whistle like that someday.

    ReplyDelete